Friday, January 7

Still beating a dead horse.

If you are fascinated (and repulsed) by the names others give their kids, go browse the forums at Baby Names World. Reading over the names appeals to the voyeur in me, somehow, and many of the people don't even mind it when others make vicious comments about the names they're considering. There are many lovely people there, I'm sure, and many of them are picking beautiful names for their children.

Many more of them are not. And the ugly names they're picking? They're spelling them funny. Madecyn? Izaiah? Jazzmon? And I'm going to hold Gwyneth Paltrow personally responsible when I have to sit through a graduation and hear 8 girls named "Apple" get their diplomas when my kid gets out of high school. (I know, big talk from someone who doesn't have a kid, anyway.)

I don't understand it. But I promise I'll stop blogging about it. Honest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home