Tuesday, January 16

Baby-making machine.

Yep, that's my lady...

Ok, before I get killed by said "lady, " let me say simply that all the tests are coming back as a "go" for trying again for a baby. Our doctor did an FSH test which came back at a 4 or something...our understanding is that 10 would be not-so-good, and so 4 is pretty darn good, especially for we in our later 30s. And all the regular health screenings are good, so plans are for a February attempt. We have tentatively chosen the firefighter with a heart of gold, but we did notice that of the 4 profiles we were most seriously considering, he is the only one on which the clinic director had NOT written "VERY FERTILE," so we've not purchased yet and will probably decide this week. There is a Finnish donor who has many, many satisified customers on the Donor Sibling Registry, so I think he's in consideration.

We had a few more tests that had to get done yesterday--all fine, of course--so we couldn't make the try in January...just as well, as work is CRAZY right now, for me especially, so I might have had to miss the doctor visit anyway.

Now, if we can just get an awesomely big tax return to help out with the doctor bills, that would totally rock!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

yayayayayay! can't wait for more news!

11:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! Your donor sounds like the same one my partner and I used. At least your description of him is just how our donor was described to us. Did you use Midwest?

2:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home