Saturday, February 11

Love thy neighbor.


These imbeciles are just filling me with their love of the Lord.



The billboards on which they are spewing their hatred are owned by Viacom/CBS Outdoor, who also own the Logo Channel. "Look, look, we're making money from gays, AND from gay-bashers. Are we awesome, or what?" You can e-mail them if you like. I did:



While running errands yesterday, I was shocked to see a billboard (on space owned by your company) that said "I Questioned Homosexuality" and then informed passersby that homosexuality can be cured. This is gay-bashing, and the message flies in the face of decency, tolerance and the American Psychological Association's pronouncement that homosexuality is a genetic trait, rather than a disease, condition or a chosen behavior.

I am appalled that your company would choose to profit from this hate speech, when I know you surely would not allow a similar message to be posted regarding race, religion or even heterosexuality (for surely if one can "choose" to be gay, then all straight people "choose" to be straight). As a citizen of this great city, and a gay person who refuses to have my identity questioned and my dignity assaulted, I insist that you remove the billboards and return the money you received from this hateful group of so-called Christians.


4 Comments:

Blogger Mama2Arden said...

Nice catch on the ownership. I just told my partner...off to see if HRC knows about it.

1:07 PM  
Blogger Mermaidgrrrl said...

Seriously - how do you people put up with this shit? I would be out there with a tin of spray paint and a safety harness coming up with something witty to put on it - maybe change it to "change isn't possible - discover how genetics work today!"

9:43 AM  
Blogger Estelle said...

Geez. Anything to make a buck.
Jerks

10:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope this link works:

http://mentalsewage.com/frippy/?p=143

Someone wrote, "and my answer is yes!" on one of those nasty billboards! ;) ~Holly

12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home