Wednesday, August 3

Two ponderous questions....

I worked late tonight, and arrived home at 7:30 or so to find Lisa (with migraine) and Alexis (with baby powder all over her, having just popped the cap off the poweder with her teeth, spraying the white talc all over her face and chest). Lisa mentioned that her migraine was probably premenstrual, so I said, "Hey, maybe this month we'll remember to write it down and start temping and call G. to see if he's willing to do a donation."

She looked at Alexis and said, "Uh, I don't know." To inseminate, or not to inseminate? Ponderous question number one, still awaiting an answer.

Question number two, as posed by Jeff, is, "What's your idea of the perfect pop song?" I've already had to take issue with his selection of Melissa Manchester's You Should Hear How She Talks About You, especially coming as it did at the expense of Belinda Carlisle's Mad About You.

So, how would I answer the question? Well, in thinking about it, it occurs to me that when I think of one song by a particular artist, I tend to think of at least one more. So, this writing of perfect pop songs must come in bunches for some, and not at all for others. For example, I love Fleetwood Mac, but I wouldn't classify anything they've written as a perfect pop song. Here's my list of nominees, or at least a start. What do you think?

Elton John: I'm Still Standing, Philadelphia Freedom, or I Don't Wanna Go On With You Like That

Sheena Easton: Morning Train or Telefone (Long Distance Love Affair)

Go-Go's: We Got the Beat or Vacation

Wham/George Michael: Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go or Careless Whisper

And, not to be forgotten, Madonna's Holiday

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home