Monday, August 1

Even if I DO hate the president...

...there are still so many good things in life. Like the Mamas and the Papas, yes, and Harry Potter, and poetry. (Lots of good people, too, but this is a "things" category. I'm including the Mamas and the Papas as a "thing," because as people, they didn't really do much for me. Except when Michelle Phillips was on Knots Landing as Nicolette Sheridan's mother. But I digress...)

I get a poem in my e-mail every single day from The Writer's Almanac, and some of them are so great they make my heart break and then heal again, a little stronger than before.


What We Need
(by David Budbill, from
While We've Still Got Feet. © Copper Canyon Press)

The Emperor,
his bullies
and henchmen
terrorize the world
every day,

which is why
every day

we need

a little poem
of kindness,

a small song
of peace

a brief moment
of joy.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh. That is lovely.

11:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home