Sunday, July 31

One of the four horsemen.

We were at the St. Louis Galleria the other day, and noticed this gaggle of preteen girls with their hair weirdly clipped and with all kinds of makeup and glittery crap all over their faces. WTF? we wondered.

Turns out they'd been at a party at Club Libby Lu, some sort of frightening store for future streetwalkers. I'm sorry to offend you if you love this store or, perhaps, own this company. But is a makeup store for 11-year-olds truly a necessity? Britney did just fine without it. The first thing I said to Lisa is that, if we have kids, I almost wish for boys. Girls are so hard to "get," bouncing from 6 to 16 and back again. I'll bet under other circumstances (i.e. no peers around) these same girls would be just as excited for mom to take them to the Build-A-Bear Workshop. Girls can be so, so cruel, too. And I'm not bitter--I actually had great friends and experienced very little of this, but boys seem so much more up-front about their aggressions.

And boys--most boys, anyway--don't wear makeup.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home