Wednesday, August 3

Still searching for perfection.

Jeff has defended his choice, and his arguments are well-reasoned, but I remain unswayed. I refuse to believe that Melissa Manchester had the perfect pop song of any decade, much less of any two or more combined decades. For one thing, there's talking in that song of hers, and I can't truly lose myself in 3 minutes of pure pop bliss if there's any kind of spoken-word business going on there.

This guy brings up Nick Lowe, a very worthy candidate for Cruel to be Kind.

How about Rick Astley? Never Gonna Give You Up. Short , fun, catchy, produced by Stock Aitken Waterman, they who gave Kylie Minogue her musical start...what more could you want?

Jeff said Philadelphia Freedom was too 70s. Is there such a thing? Not even the Bee Gees (whom I love) are too 70s. Maybe Chevy Van is too 70s. Maybe.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jeffrey Ricker said...

I'm revising, because you know I change my mind more than some people change their underwear. Consider "Hold Me," by Fleetwood Mac. Or possibly "Gypsy."

Yes, there is such a thing as too '70s. Listen to "Guilty" by Barbra and Barry Gibb from the Bee Gees. A filthy, disgusting, guilty pleasure of mine, but way, way too '70s.

5:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home