Monday, July 11

We ARE a family, a-hole.

That moronic senator from Pennsylvania, Rick Santorum, (the link goes to his website...send him a note, why don't ya?), has written a book. I don't know if it's new, or if I'm just slow on the uptake, but it's called It Takes a Family, and its title is a direct response to Hillary Clinton's It Takes a Village. Santorum, you ass, I am in a family. You may not LIKE my family, but I don't really care. I don't much like you (and I doubt I would like your wife, either, since she willingly puts up with you).

Lisa and I were talking today, wishing against all reasonable hope that Santorum be caught up in some very public, very hideous scandal. I don't wish for him to be found to have a gay lover because, although that would expose him as an undeniable hypocrite, it would force the gay community to either champion him or ignore the whole thing completely. To condemn him in that circumstance would put us in the position of seeming to condemn homosexuality, unless we turn that age-old saying on its head: "Love the sin, hate the sinner?" No, it needs to be something that is unequivocally heinous....sex with goats, maybe? Oh, it'll never happen, but I can dream.

And for my callous joke of the day, I'll repeat what I said when I saw the bumper sticker reading "Abortion Stops a Beating Heart."

It better, or else you deserve a refund.

I'm going to hell, I know. I don't even know if I could personally ever choose abortion, but pro-lifers just piss me off. Judging people, and stating the obvious, doesn't help anyone.

1 Comments:

Blogger Display said...

A refund! Hee! Brooke actually snorted when I read that aloud to her. We're going to hell with you.

6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home