Tuesday, November 15

Gotta get up to get down.

Or sometimes, you have to get down to get back up. In either case, I've decided not to whine about my life...for today, at least. Instead, here's a lot of things that ARE making me smile right now. There are so many of them, I can't believe I was feeling sorry for myself.

  • We're going to contact a local clinic about trying to have a baby. We talked to the nurses at a booth at PrideFest this summer and learned that they do inseminations. That's all we know, but we still want to try and this is step one in getting back in the game.
  • I got a message from the local gay parents' listserv that a new adoption agency in town is very welcoming to gay and lesbian parents. While our state is conservative, state law doesn't exclude gays and lesbians from adopting--not YET, at least--and this agency says they're looking for good parents...not good STRAIGHT parents. We e-mailed the agency director to get the information packet and have signed up for their first information session on January 8th.
  • I bought a new laptop for $450 and sold my old one the first day on eBay for $380 plus shipping.
  • The new Harry Potter movie comes out in 3 days. We usually go see them on the first afternoon, but this time we're waiting a few days. Lisa's birthday is next Wednesday and we're going then...woo-hoo!
  • I finally figured out--with my brother's help--how to actually use our DVD recorder to (surprise!) record things on DVD. It rocks.
  • I am going to visit my family this weekend.
  • Lisa and I will celebrate our 13th anniversary next Monday.
  • I'm off work all of next week.
  • I love Sudoku puzzles. Haven't done one yet? Come on, Google it!
  • Finally, check these fun things out:
Just thinking of all that stuff makes me feel better!

4 Comments:

Blogger Shelli said...

LOVE Mr. picasso Head!

Yee haw - and rock on on the adoption agency - it's one hell of a time, to be hones,t but after all the years ttc, you know that.

We'll be thinking of you gals, for sure!

9:42 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

Glad to hear you can be positive. (I'm not always the poster child for that myself.)

I haven't gotten hooked myself (yet), but MAN, this Sudoku thing roared up out of nowhere and it is HOT! We were at a bookstore yesterday and they had an ENTIRE TABLE of Sudoku books.

10:52 AM  
Blogger Display said...

Oooh! Lucky anniversary #13! Congratulations!

And happy early birthday to Lisa!

4:45 PM  
Blogger Shelli said...

OMG! I just went to the American Family website - that is some SCARY SHIT!

11:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home