Wednesday, December 15

The eagle has landed.

When I picked my numbers for the Lifemate Lotto, did I get lucky or what? Poor Lisa phones me this morning, on her way to work, and tells me that due to an illness in a coworker's family, she will not likely be able to drive to my work when the FedEx man brings the box o' baby ingredients today, so that we might accomplish a mid-day attempt at catching Mr. Egg. (You wouldn't think an egg would be male, but these are. Crafty, elusive and reluctant to commit: Male.)

On top of it, I've forgotten to hand her a syringe to take with her in preparation for the magical moment. She swings into Target, picks up some kind of needleless syringe (she said they gave it to her, but I didn't ask who "they" are or why they gave her anything). And then, she phones to say "The eagle has landed."

My poor girl had to lock herself in her office and do the first go all by herself, which is a story in and of itself, but one which I don't yet have permission to share. One more try tonight, and I fear it's too late, but I'm much more easygoing when I only paid about $80 for the extender and the FedEx shipping, versus the $650 we were spending every month at the office of Dr. Let's-Get-You-Pregnant, Dr. Why-Are-You-Not-Pregnant-Yet, and Dr. Are-You-Still-Here. Not to mention the nurses who turned a critical eye every time we even dared to ask how much something would cost. Our donor is frugal like us; if we could figure out a viable way to ship this stuff via Media Mail, we'd do it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home