Monday, January 24

Fun things you can find at the public library.

We took a quick trip to the neighborhood branch of the public library tonight and I found two things that amused me far more than they should have. First was a book called Reverse Speech, by David John Oates. The book itself looked a bit boring, but if you've ever played a record album backward, the website is a hoot.

Then, upon spying the Journals of Lewis & Clark on a high shelf in new non-fiction, I was spurred into a comedy routine that had our intrepid explorers enjoying the full St. Louis experience:

"I say, Meriwether, shall we order an appetizer of toasted ravioli? They won't have that in Nebraska."

"Why, of course, William, and we must stop to get a frozen custard for dessert at Ted Drewes."

"Meriwether, you really must start using the native language. They're called concretes. And there's no way I'm starting this trip without some Imo's."

Of course, one of them must surely have asked the other, "Where did you go to high school?"

Can you classify it as a comedy routine if you're the only one laughing? Probably not.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

Mmmmmm... toasted ravioli....

Maybe I'm FINALLY PMSing. Carbs and fat! Yum! Yum! (Oh, wait, I *always* like carbs and fat.)

Anyway, I've never heard of toasted ravioli but it sounds horrible and good at the same time!

Jen

7:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home