Sunday, January 30

The fringe benefits of being gay.

You know, being gay is the first truly "alternative" thing I've ever been, or done. It's like instant street cred, scaring middle America and making them think I'm after their kids or something. I feel like Marilyn Manson, with people going "Oooh, scary, rotting our kids' minds, against God's Plan." But inside Marilyn is probably saying, "I'm just little old Brian from Cleveland."

Well, I'm just little old gay Tricia.

But try telling that to Margaret Spellings, the newest Secretary of Education in the Bush administration, who is all up in arms over a PBS show that featured lesbian moms. Wait, I take that back...featured is too strong a word. The moms were just there, not really any different than if the kid in the story had one mom or a mom and dad or lived with grandma and grandpa. The episode was entitled "Sugartime!", but aside from that it wasn't remotely sexual.

Margaret, you're a single mom, so get your head out of your ass. I don't WANT PBS to return the money that they used to make that episode...let's just say that particular wad of cash came from all of the gay & lesbian taxpayers and their supportive friends and family members, so you oppressors don't have to feel like you're funding honesty or anything.

I think I'll send Margaret a letter. If you have the time and inclination, maybe she'd like to hear from you, too.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

Boys and girls, can you say "Canada"?

It's sounding better and better every day.

Ugh, ugh, ugh. Thanks for tipping me off to more Bush Administration crap. Even better that, indirectly, I *work for* this woman. Woe is me.

Jen

7:19 AM  
Blogger Shelli said...

wow. where are we heading? I'm slightly scared.

11:49 AM  
Blogger Toad734 said...

If you want to hear something truly sad, my cousins 4 year old daughter died last week and at the funeral the priest talked about how she tried to boycott Burger King because they were promoting Sponge Bob, who apparently frequents glory holes on the side.
Now I doubt this 4 year old girl, who had been sick most of her life, took it upon herself to figure out why she should punish Burger King.

Someone had to explain to her the difference between a man and a woman having sex and two people of the same sex having sex.
Does anybody else see what is wrong with trying to explain any kind of sex to a 4 year old??

When I was four, I didn’t even know what sex was, how you did it, or who you did it with. I am glad that I didn’t know, and that I wasn’t forced to think about it.
When I was four, obviously I would have thought gay sex was gross, I would have thought any sex was gross.
Kids don't give a shit, nor should they, nor should anyone try to convince them otherwise.

Boycott Burger King because their food blows, not because they had a special offer with sponge bob.

1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home